When a man feels tired, it can affect everything about him, including the perkiness of his penis. Since most men will do just about anything to avoid penis problems, taking steps to avoid anemia, which can have a negative impact on penis health, is strongly advised.
So what exactly is anemia anyway?
Simply put, anemia occurs when a person doesn’t have enough healthy red blood cells. Sometimes the problem is that there aren’t enough blood cells; sometimes it’s that the ones that are there aren’t healthy; and sometimes it’s a combination of both.
The red blood cells are the heavy lifters in carrying oxygen around to the body, so if they’re missing or defective, a body simply doesn’t get the oxygen it needs. No oxygen means no energy.
What causes anemia?
Anemia can be caused by a number of things, including:
* Loss of blood. This is one of those no–brainers: if a person loses blood, he loses red blood cells, so if he loses too much blood, he’s going to have anemia. Fortunately, this kind of anemia is temporary (unless a guy just keeps on losing blood, in which case there may be a significant problem that needs to be treated.)
* Genetics. Some people are born with inherited conditions, such as sickle cell anemia and thalassemia, that can affect the body’s ability to create healthy red blood cells. In these instances, the anemia can be long term and lasting, unless proper treatment is received.
* Autoimmune problems. Sometimes, the body gets its signals mixed up and starts destroying perfectly healthy red blood cells faster than it can create new ones, creating an autoimmune issue.
* Iron deficiency. This is a fairly common cause of anemia. Iron plays a part in creating hemoglobin, which is the substance in red blood cells that does the actual carrying of oxygen. So if the body is low on iron, it’s going to be low on oxygen as well.
* Vitamin deficiency. As might be expected, this kind of anemia results when a person is lacking in the vitamins – folate, B12 and C – that play a role in creating healthy red blood cells.
What penis problems might anemia cause?
1. The most common effect that anemia can have on a guy’s manhood is erectile dysfunction. The penis is dependent upon a good supply of oxygen-rich blood to function properly. If that is lacking, it can dampen the degree of tumescence; in severe cases, it can be a significant effect.
2. Beyond the degree of firmness, anemia can also affect stamina. A lack of oxygen not only affects how long the penis will remain in prime condition; it also affects a man’s overall energy and ability to engage in sex: the arms get weak, the hips don’t thrust with the same vigor, etc.
3. Anemia also just has a deleterious effect on the general health of the penis, aside from its sexual performance. A healthy penis is one that is well oxygenated.
Some types of anemia require prolonged treatment under a doctor’s care. Fortunately, the more common iron deficiency and vitamin deficiency anemias can usually be treated through dietary changes.
Obviously, getting more iron in the diet is key to curing (or avoiding) iron deficiency anemia. One can try to take an iron supplement, or simply add more iron-rich foods to meals: beef, ham, spinach, broccoli, tofu, sweet potatoes, watermelon, kale – the list goes on and on.
Similarly, vitamin deficiency anemia is treated by supplements or foods that contain the vitamins in which a person is determined to be deficient – usually one or more of the following: folate, vitamin B12, vitamin C.
Avoiding anemia-related penis problems also means just keeping the penis in prime condition all around, and for that, use of a superior penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) should be a part of every man’s daily routine. Since lack of vitamin C is often a cause of anemia, pick a cream that includes this important vitamin, along with such other wonders as vitamins A and D. Further protect against anemia-related penile issues by applying a cream with L-arginine, which will keep blood vessels expanded and healthy.
for more information about treating common penis health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of penis sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men’s health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.